Sunday, February 8, 2009

Evan finally made it to Thailand. He was sort of late but he made it. I have talked to him several times on the phone. He said he is having a great time. Thailand is awesome, according to Evan. He has been to Bangkok and has been touring around the city. The food is very spicy according to Evan. The only thing he has described in detail to me is the mall. I wonder why... :) He said he is having fun. A lot of the guys of his squadron that are there have been sick this past week. I dont know if it is the food or a virus, but so far, Evan is not sick...knock on wood. Today was a holiday for Thailand's government, so they were not working today. Today was a holiday for the guys as well. Lucky them. Evan said that he went to Thailand to fly a jet and so far all he has done is sight see and be a tourist. He said he hasnt bought much but everything he has bought so far is for me! WOO HOO! He said this is a great trip and he is having a great time. He also thinks anyone would love this trip. Sorry Lindsey that you arent there with him!!
Last night was girls night out. I am really glad for the other wives of the squadron. I am glad that they are wishing to hang out often while the guys are gone. I would be really bored if they didnt want to hang out all the time. So anyway, last night we went to dinner and a movie. We went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" I wasnt that impressed. It was ok. The movie was definitely a lot better since Im married and dont have to date any more. More than anything, I realized while watching that movie how glad I am that I dont have to date any more. Dating is just troublesome sometimes.
So tonight I went to dinner with a friend. That was alot of fun. We chatted and giggled and shared a delicious dessert that neither of us could have ordered with our husbands there. It was great. Everything was going well. We had fun and finally left the restaurant. I started to drive home and got about half way here on the highway and all of a sudden, my car started acting weird. I was unable to steer very well. The steering wheel got tight like the power steering had gone out. I pushed the gas and nothing happened. I was losing speed real quick and decided I had better get off the highway so as to not block traffic. I pulled to the side of the road and put my car in park. As soon as I put my car in park, the heat started blowing extremely cold air and the oil light came on. I had to call a tow truck to come and tow my car. I also called the squadron commander's wife because she lived close to where I was. Jamee came and sat with me until the tow truck got there and then let me borrow her car. I really was unsure of borrowing her car but she pretty much insisted. So I have Jamee's car now and my car has been towed to the Jeep dealership. I have to call them in the morning and hope they can fix it. I suppose whatever is wrong with it is probably not going to be cheap. Oh well....
So that is the update for the weekend. I hope everyone's having a good weekend. Mine is rather expensive and slightly stressful but I suppose it will be ok. Tomorrow it is back to work. Hope everyone has a good week. I will post more when I know what is going on with my car.

1 comment:

  1. Evan thinks the food is spicy? Evan...who eats jalapenos in EVERYTHING? I probably wouldn't be able to survive the dishes there then. But I do love America's version of Thai food. Yummy.
    Hope everything goes okay with your car. Mike and I have both been having trouble with ours in the same month. Not so fun when a baby's on the way and we can't afford new wheels. Yikes.
    I can relate to what you were saying about the wives, too. I don't know what I'd do without some of them. And our guys are gone at red flag for a month, so we've already got like 3 or 4 events/girls nights out planned which is good. This Air Force spouse business is questionable sometimes...did we really sign up for this? lol. I can't really complain too much though. It's an interesting adventure. =)

    ReplyDelete