Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today is the day...

Hello everyone! I thought this would be a nice way for our friends and family to keep up with what is going on in the lives of Jessica and Evan. We are so busy that we dont often have a lot of time to catch up and we are 3-4 hours behind almost everyone we would want to catch up with! The time difference makes it difficult to talk on the phone. I figured if I can post things on here at least once a week, it would be a good way for everyone to know what is going on in our life. So here is the update since the wedding. Most of you know that we went on a cruise for our honeymoon. That was awesome! We had a great time. When we got back, we went to the Chicago area for a few days. We spent the time with Evan's parents and had a great time. They threw us a reception/party to celebrate our wedding with all of their friends and family who were unable to come to the wedding(and some who were able to come!). The party was fun. We talked to lots of people and had a really good time! After that, we started our trip across the country. We drove from Chicago to Washington and had many fun stops along the way. We stopped at the Corn Palace, Wall Drug, Yellowstone National Park, and in Seattle. It was a true road trip and it was a ton of fun!! Once we got to Washington, we put our car on a ferry and rode on that up through Alaska's Inside Passage. Some of the most beautiful coastline in the country, right?? Well, we wouldnt know. We couldnt see any of it because it rained for all 3 days we were on the ferry. That was kind of disappointing. But we passed the time by reading lots of books, doing crossword puzzles, playing lots of games of cards and fighting off sea sickness. (well, i was anyway!) When we finally got off of the ferry, we were very glad to be on dry land. We drove for the next 2 days through Canada, the Yukon Territory, and Alaska until we finally reached Anchorage. What a long way!!!! We were really ready to get out of the car by then. We checked into our hotel room on the base and enjoyed sitting farther apart than just 1.5 feet. We started looking for a house soon after we arrived in Anchorage. It took us a litte while but we finally found a house that we liked and that we could afford. We have since bought the house (it was the third one we put an offer on!!) and are working on getting settled. I will try to put some pictures of it on here soon. I started my job and Evan has started his as well. He is really enjoying his new squadron and really likes flying over the mountains. My job is ok. I am working at an elementary school in Anchorage as the speech therapist. It is ok. I dont love it but I am managing. My kids are great. It just isnt the best working environment. So, I dont love it. It is definitely not as great as my last job was but I will make it work for this year. And who knows, maybe next year I will switch jobs. For now, I will make the best of it. It has already started to snow. We have a lot of snow on the ground. I am not so sure that I like snow but it is a fact of my life now. For now, I am going out to dinner. I will write more later....
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment