Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!! We hope you all had a night of fun, friends, family, and good times. We spent the evening with the Yerringtons. We had a delicious dinner and then enjoyed the company and played card games all evening. It was a great evening and a wonderful way to spend the holiday. Today, I am cooking a large meal for lunch. We are having pork tenderloin, for good health in the new year, collard greens, for money in the new year, black eyed peas, for good luck in the new year, macaroni and cheese, because it is yummy, and apples and cinnamon, also because it is yummy. :)

I finally made it back to Anchorage on Monday afternoon. My plane left very early Monday morning from Atlanta. I had to change planes in Charlotte, and Las Vegas. I got back to Anchorage finally after a long day of travel. Evan picked me up from the airport and I was definitely tired, hungry, and glad to be back. When I got on the plane in Atlanta, the temperature was 65 degrees. When I got off the plane in Anchorage, the temperature was -22. WOW! What a shock! I was FREEZING!! It has been in the negative numbers everyday this week. The high has never been above 0. Man, oh man, talk about a shock. I have been freezing all week. I sure did enjoy that warmer weather. It has been nice to be at home and be able to get some things done this week.

Today is a day of good food and football. Hopefully, GA can beat Michigan State. :) We hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the time if you are off of work. We wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through your facebook. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk at church. I didn't know you were living in Alaska! Sounds cold;) Hope your doing well! Ashley Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church was kind of busy that night. Your baby is adorable. Alaska is very very cold. Im freezing my tail off here! Hope life is good for you!

    ReplyDelete